Thursday, June 20, 2013

Beyond Measurable Success

By Callie Ellis
It’s been an incredible few weeks since my weight loss surgery with Dr. Feiz. I have had some highs and some lows but what I have learned about myself is immeasurable. Unlike my weight loss…29 lbs and counting! Also, I can walk a mile straight without heavy breathing. Yay!

I also bought a treadmill now that my walking has improved.
Something else I found interesting was that after my gastric sleeve procedure my spleen has shrunk. On top of weight loss, another health benefit is my immune system will be stronger and my body will detoxify itself better. Since I work as a customer service representative for Costco (they are the best!), heavy lifting is going to be a problem so I decided to take a month off from work while it sorts itself out. I don’t know about anyone else but for me life after weight loss surgery keeps getting better and better. Now I have a month to focus on my new routines, meal planning, and gym time. Let’s all become exercise buddies! I will be posting pictures soon and I will let you know how it is going.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment